Traditions

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Popcorn POPPING...Healthy, Cheap & FAST!

I have NOT purchased store "microwave popcorn" in over 2 years. There is so much junk (if you can't pronounce the ingredients on the package, then maybe you shouldn't consume it) in the ingredients. 

I learned this from Jillian Michael's (Biggest Loser Trainer) when she had her SHOW on LA's radio station KFI640 {BOO HOO} the show was cancelled but :( I learned so many WONDERFUL workout tips, food tips, etc. etc. from her radio show. She is amazing!! LOVE her! NBC makes her look nasty, but she knows her stuff when it comes to weight loss.

**This microwave popcorn was one of her healthy eating tips.**
1 plain brown paper BAG
1/4 c. popcorn kernels

Place kernels in bag. Fold top over. I hit my "Popcorn" button on my microwave. Or hit 2 min 30 sec. & listen for the pops to slow down. Test out...it may take a time or 2. Voile! 
You can spray with "I can't believe it's not butter" for super low cal. Real butter for a real treat, or just salt. I always have to add a small handful of MnM's :). My friend Kim likes Hot Tamales. 

No comments: